Pop Culture Convention is a family-friendly event. Please be courteous of others and be aware of your surroundings.
- Costumes must adhere to the convention cosplay guidelines.
- Commissioned costumes are not allowed; the costume must be made by the contestant.
- Contestants must be a pass-holding attendee.
- A cosplay that has previously won an award cannot be entered.
- Original characters are not allowed as contest entries.
- A digital portfolio must be submitted with an application. It must include reference pictures and work-in-progress photos with brief descriptions. As a rule of thumb, a Novice’s portfolio should have at least 5 WIP photos, and higher levels should be more in-depth with more pictures
- Spots are first-come-first-serve. If pre-registration is filled before the event, there will be no at-event sign-ups
- Groups are considered 1 entry. To make sure appointments don’t go over time, please provide a more in-depth portfolio.
- A group must enter at the highest level of the group. For example, if one contestant is a Master and two are Novices, they enter at the Master level.
- If there are open spots left, day-of registrations must still provide reference photos and WIP pictures to their pre-judging appointment and sign up for an open timeslot.
- If a contestant does not show up for their assigned timeslot, they will be placed at the next available one IF THERE IS AN OPENING. After missing a second timeslot, the entry is no longer valid.
- Be 10 minutes early to your appointment in case of no-shows.
- If a contestant misses the rehearsal, the entry is no longer valid.
- Performances and cosplay must be appropriate and not cause risk to others. Be safe and be smart.